The new year is around the corner, and with it comes a time to reflect on accomplishments made and some changes coming soon.
Here is a brief breakdown on some statistics related to my work this year:
- 20 blogs on my website (as of this post)
- 20 financial blog posts at Everything Finance
- 11 book blog posts for Bookbub (hopefully with more to come in the new year!)
- 9 manuscripts edited (either/or developmental edits or line edits) by the end of the year totaling over 700,000 words reviewed, give or take
- 2 manuscripts proofread
- 1 speaking engagement at WordCamp St. Louis 2015
- A dozen miscellaneous projects (copywriting, press releases, resume review and rewrites, etc.)
What’s Coming Next?
2016 is going to be a lot of fun! I already have made some changes.
- Going forward, I’m no longer offering resume reviewing and rewrites. While fun, I’m not in a place to devote my time to it.
- I have updated my website with my manuscript editing rates. I received feedback from prospects as well as current clients and have decided to try it! I’m apprehensive about posting rates publicly but if clients are looking for them as they find the perfect editor, then it’s worth providing the information.
- I’m opening up to the idea to providing new services clients want. I sent out a brief, totally anonymous survey to clients this week to gauge their experiences with an overwhelming number of positive responses. It was really great to see the answers to one particular question, which has the answers below. I have a lot of thinking to do but will seriously consider the services clients would like to see.