I edit for authors who wish to self publish or pursue other publishing avenues. I love what I do, and my clients reap the benefits of my passion to make their work better than when we started.
It is my professional goal to improve content on every level. Grammar can be difficult to master, and learning to write well is a skill that takes years to achieve. Hiring a professional editor with experience on a variety of projects will help you meet your goals and learn how to create better content of all types, whether you focus on improving written articles or manuscripts you wish to publish.
Visit my blog for ideas about writing and tips for hiring a professional editor or writer for your needs. If you’re considering hiring me to write for your blog, this is a great place to start understanding how I write and the quality of my work. If you just want to hire me as an editor, the blog serves as a free resource you can visit as often as you want in order to understand my stance on important issues writers face.
Other Facts About Me
- My favorite fonts are serifs, even if they are not as readable for web as sans serif fonts. I was raised typing Times New Roman, so it’s a hard habit to break. Plus, I worked in my high school’s newspaper, printing actual news on actual paper, so I’m fond of what is considered a more dated font style.
- I’m passionate about reading, libraries, and books. I’m a huge advocate for the independent creative, such as indie authors or self published authors, because I believe having creative control of your work is one of the most vital thing you can have.
- I have participated in NaNoWriMo one time but was not ultimately successful. Every year I tell myself I’ll try it again, and every year I end up having way too many client projects to begin an outline. I’m not complaining – I love what I do!
- Speaking of outlines, they are slowly becoming my favorite thing to do when it comes to writing. When I’m typing blogs, there is always an outline of sorts. If I write long-hand, I don’t typically work by an outline but around an idea.
- Favorite authors include J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Sandra Cisneros, Stephen King, Zora Neale Hurston, Gillian Flynn, and William Faulkner, among others.
To contact me, please fill out my contact form with details about your project. I provide a fair project rate and quick turnaround for projects. While email is my preferred communication method, I can also provide a client call via phone or Skype to work with your schedule.